- "If you set your goals ridiculously high and it's a
failure, you will fail above everyone else's success."
- "Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be
looking for it." Henry David Thoreau
- "Things work out best for those who make the best of how
things work out." John Wooden
- "Entrepreneurs average 3.8 failures before final success.
What sets the successful ones apart is their amazing
persistence." Lisa M. Amos
- "If you are not willing to risk the usual, you will have
to settle for the ordinary." Jim Rohn
- "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life--think
of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain,
muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that
idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way
to success." Swami Vivekananda
- "Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion."
- "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to
pursue them." Walt Disney
- "If you are willing to do more than you are paid to do,
eventually you will be paid to do more than you do."
- "Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss
of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
- "Whenever you see a successful person, you only see the
public glories, never the private sacrifices to reach them."
- "Success? I don't know what that word means. I'm happy.
But success, that goes back to what in somebody's eyes
success means. For me, success is inner peace. That's a good
day for me." Denzel Washington
- "Opportunities don't happen. You create them." Chris
- "Try not to become a person of success, but rather try
to become a person of value." Albert Einstein
- "It is not the strongest of the species that survive,
nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to
change." Charles Darwin
- "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events;
small minds discuss people." Eleanor Roosevelt
- "The best revenge is massive success." Frank Sinatra
- "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that
won't work." Thomas Edison
- "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation
with the bricks others have thrown at him." David
- "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor
- "The whole secret of a successful life is to find out
what is one's destiny to do, and then do it." Henry Ford
- "If you're going through hell, keep going." Winston
- "What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings
in disguise." Oscar Wilde
- "The distance between insanity and genius is measured
only by success." Bruce Feirstein
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
John D. Rockefeller
- "Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always
beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you." Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it
well enough." Albert Einstein
- "There are two types of people who will tell you that
you cannot make a difference in this world: those who are
afraid to try and those who are afraid you will succeed."
- "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do
what you can." Arthur Ashe
- "People ask, 'What's the best role you've ever played?'
The next one." Kevin Kline
- "I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to
have." Thomas Jefferson
- "The starting point of all achievement is desire."
- "Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in
and day-out." Robert Collier
- "If you want to achieve excellence, you can get there
today. As of this second, quit doing less-than-excellent
work." Thomas J. Watson
- "All progress takes place outside the comfort zone."
Michael John Bobak
- "You may only succeed if you desire succeeding; you may
only fail if you do not mind failing." Philippos
- "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not
absence of fear." Mark Twain
- "Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die
having left undone." Pablo Picasso
- "We become what we think about most of the time, and
that's the strangest secret." Earl Nightingale
- "The only place where success comes before work is in
the dictionary." Vidal Sassoon
- "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
is trying to please everyone." Bill Cosby
- "Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending."
- "I find that when you have a real interest in life and a
curious life, that sleep is not the most important thing."
- "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by
the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Discover." Mark Twain
- "The first step toward success is taken when you refuse
to be a captive of the environment in which you first find
yourself." Mark Caine
- "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,
it is time to pause and reflect." Mark Twain
- "The successful warrior is the average man, with
laser-like focus." Bruce Lee
- "Rarely have I seen a situation where doing less than
the other guy is a good strategy." Jimmy Spithill
- "Keep on going, and the chances are that you will
stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting
it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something
sitting down." Charles F. Kettering
- "If you genuinely want something, don't wait for
it--teach yourself to be impatient." Gurbaksh
- "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can
only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust
that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have
to trust in something--your gut, destiny, life, karma,
whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has
made all the difference in my life." Steve Jobs
- "If you want to make a permanent change, stop focusing
on the size of your problems and start focusing on the size
of you!" T. Harv Eker
- "Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not
willing to do. Don't wish it were easier; wish you were
better." Jim Rohn
- "The No. 1 reason people fail in life is because they
listen to their friends, family, and neighbors."
- "In my experience, there is only one motivation, and
that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand
against it." Jane Smiley
- "Success does not consist in never making mistakes but
in never making the same one a second time." George
- "I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that
I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the
width of it as well." Diane Ackerman
- "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what
keeps you going." Jim Ryun
- "Our greatest fear should not be of failure ... but of
succeeding at things in life that don't really matter."
- "If you don't design your own life plan, chances are
you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they
have planned for you? Not much." Jim Rohn
- "Nobody ever wrote down a plan to be broke, fat, lazy,
or stupid. Those things are what happen when you don't have
a plan." Larry Winget
- "To be successful you must accept all challenges that
come your way. You can't just accept the ones you like."
- "Be content to act, and leave the talking to others."
- "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win
it." Margaret Thatcher
- "Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it's
holy ground. There's no greater investment." Stephen
- "I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the
very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact
opposite." G. K. Chesterton
- "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize
how close they were to success when they gave up."
Thomas A. Edison
- "The greater the artist, the greater the doubt. Perfect
confidence is granted to the less talented as a consolation
prize." Robert Hughes
- "What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not
fail?" Robert Schuller
- "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success
is more important than any other one thing." Abraham
- "Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly
in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach
their potential." John Maxwell
- "Would you like me to give you a formula for success?
It's quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You
are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it
isn't at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can
learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you
can. Because remember that's where you will find success."
Thomas J. Watson
- "Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take
you everywhere." Albert Einstein
- "Success is just a war of attrition. Sure, there's an
element of talent you should probably possess. But if you
just stick around long enough, eventually something is going
to happen." Dax Shepard
- "My tombstone? I'm thinking something along the lines
of, 'Geez, he was just here a minute ago.'" George